Do you need to speak to someone?
Our dedicated support line is open from 9am - 5pm Monday - Friday
Who are Young Adult Carers?
If you are aged between 16 and 25 and help to look after a parent, sibling, partner, child, grandparent or other relative who is ill then you are a young adult carer. For more information see What is a young adult carer?
We have a Young Adult Carer service which offers age appropriate advice and social activities. See How we support young adult carers for more information.
If this sounds like the service for you, or if you know a young adult carer you would like to refer, please contact our Young Adult Carer team at the office. They will then arrange a time to meet you either at your home, our office or at another location to suit you, to discuss your needs further.
What Issues do Young Adult Carers Face?
How can we support you?
A chance to have a break from your responsibilities and attend regular social activities and events
- Support with college, university or employment issues
- Help with housing and benefits
- Information and advice to support you as a carer
- Confidential one to one support
- Accessing training and developing new skills
- Advice on employment and volunteering
- Support to complete a Carer’s Assessment
- Giving you an opportunity to meet other carers at events and social outings.