Do you need to speak to someone?
Our dedicated support line is open from 9am - 5pm Monday - Friday
Who are Parent Carers?
Do you care for a child or young person under 18 with special needs? Does your child have a disability either diagnosed or undiagnosed? It could be a physical disability, learning disability or emotional/behavioural condition. Then you are a parent carer and we are here to support you.
What issues do parent carers face?
Survey of 1,500 parents of disabled children by disability charity Scope reveals that:
How can we support you?
We offer home visits to talk through your situation face to face, or arrange another convenient location.
We focus on you and help reduce the stress of caring by:
- Giving information and advice
- Providing emotional support & time to talk
- Guiding you through the ‘red tape’ of authority
- Helping to maximise your income
- Signposting other appropriate organisations
- Providing information and practical support with training, volunteering & employment
- Giving you an opportunity to meet other carers at events & social outings