Support & Advice
We provide support and advice to carers and the families of young carers across a range of subjects. If we don't know the answer to a question we will always know someone to ask on your behalf.
When you are caring for someone it can be overwhelming and it can really help to have someone else to guide you to exactly what you need. We have direct contact with many national and local agencies that will be able to offer specialist support. Our specialist trained team can offer you a support service that is tailor made to suit you, wherever you are on your journey as a carer.
Click on the links below or to the left for further information about the support we offer.
- Help you find the information you need.
- Guide you through the Health and Social Care systems.
- Advise you on Benefits that may be available to you as a carer, and the person you care for.
- Support you to meet other carers and take some time out for yourself in a relaxing environment.
- Support you to develop new skills that which will help you feel more in control of your life and future.
- Listen to you and provide a confidential and non-judgemental place to talk.
- Provide specialist tailored support to young carers under the age of 18.
- Give you access to your legal right to a Carers Assessment.
- Support you for a year after you experience a bereavement.
- Introduce you to the North Yorkshire Carers Forum.
- Provide opportunities to be involved and have a chance to volunteer with the Carers Centre.